Are you a real estate investor looking for privacy and asset protection? Real Estate Privacy Trusts or REPTs can provide landlords with both.
If you think you don’t need an REPT think again. Real Estate Privacy Trusts protect you from liens, title claims and HOA claims. Not to mention, utilizing the privacy set forth in an REPT can discourage litigation, since your assets won’t be easily traceable.
As Revocable Living Trusts, REPTs are an immensely powerful tool with each property titled in a separate Trust. The named beneficiaries retain use of the property and any income it generates, but a trustee holds legal title to all trust property giving real estate investors maximum privacy and protection.
There’s no requirement to register the Trust nor are there public records of officers, directors, and shareholders. The trustee keeps control of the Trust records and the identity of the beneficiaries in a secure location and will not release this information without a subpoena. The only people who know about your beneficial ownership, are you, your attorney, and the trustee.
The advantages of owning real estate through a Real Estate Privacy Trust:
- Privacy of Ownership - Under a Land Trust arrangement, no one can see your identity as the legal owner of the real estate except in cases of subpoenas or court orders.
- Ease of Transferability – You can change the beneficiary (or "owner") of a Land Trust without recording a change in the public records.
- Avoids Probate - A Land Trust arrangement allows you to designate succession of ownership exactly as you wish, avoiding probate and costly, time-consuming proceedings relating to the property.
- Facilitates Multiple Ownership – You can structure a Land Trust where there are multiple owners of a parcel of real estate to provide for clear and easy legal direction.
- Retain Tax Advantage - You are still eligible for the homeowner's and senior citizen's real estate tax exemptions.
To learn more about real estate privacy trusts and our Nevada corporation services, call a Nevada Corporate Headquarters representative at 1-800-508-1729.
*Legal Disclaimer – Nevada Corporate Headquarters, Inc. has prepared the content of this website for informational purposes only. It is not legal advice. An in-house independent Nevada law firm provides our legal services.*